In today’s post I want to talk about a translucent powder that changed the game in make-up for me: Estée Lauder Perfecting Loose Powder. After revolutionizing the game in terms of foundation with the Double Wear formula, this setting powder is living up to the expectations too. 😄
Perfecting Loose powder comes in 5 different shades: Light, Light Medium, Translucent, Medium and Deep- this is a good sign that there is a shade which will match your skin tone.
I have mine in the shade “translucent” and it creates one of the most natural finishes, and indeed, it is just like the claim on their website: “softer than silk”. This powder has got to be one of the smoothest loose powders ever and it applies like a dream. Even if I have dry skin during this time of year, it does not grab onto it and it really lasts for a hours, without having to touch up. This and the texture are a big win for me.
Buuut, just like any other product, it does have pros and cons:
- Extremely finely milled powder
- Long lasting and locks your make-up
- Sheer finish and natural coverage
- Leaves the skin smooth and controls the shine
- It doesn’t have any flashback
- Nice packaging (even though it is made of plastic 🙁 )
- It does not come with a brush or sponge
- A bit messy to work with and you must be careful
- It doesn’t necessarily cover flaws (at least in my case)
- The price (it is a bit high there in price and if you plan on using it on the daily basis, you will have to re-purchase it quite often)
Overall, I really love this powder and it works wonders, especially in the area around my eyes. I would definitely give it a 9 out of 10, because I really like the texture and how smooth it leaves my skin. However, Estée did a great job, even though there are debates around this product, but I must say that I like it better than the drugstore loose powder I used to have previously.
Hope you found this helpful and let me know which other loose powders I should give a try. 😊
I’ll see you soon with another post, until then I hope you are having a great week ahead of you!