Well, oh well… if this isn’t day 22 of Blogmas and I am surprised that I am still going strong even if there are 2 more days left, but I will catch up on everything, I promise, even though I am a bit behind and a little late with this one article. 😄 This particular one, it’s more personal than the rest, and I will let you know some of my thoughts and observations I have made across time during this holiday season.
The truth is that I used to love Christmas, I really did… Now I do too, but it’s different this time… It is a kind of a weird different, the type I cannot express in words, the one that brings tears into my eyes, because this holiday has never been the same since 2 years ago. Losing someone dear to you right before Christmas it’s a type of hurt that stays… Maybe, just maybe, some of you can relate to what I am trying to say… but even when dealing with loss, you still have to find the will and the force to move on. However, I don’t mean to sadden anyone so let me tell you some of my favourite things about Christmas that give me hope.
- People ‘s kindness during this season it’s just incredible. I really notice how people smile more, they tend to be more helpful and overall just kinder in their interactions. It’s a beautiful thing to see and I hope that would last throughout the entire year.
- Family gatherings, especially with those you have not seen in a while. The feeling of warmth and love that you can find within your family and friends doesn’t compare to anything else. Quality time is sacred! ♥
- Christmas music and movies– I just love them. They are so relaxing and give such a nice feeling.
- All the pretty lights and decorations, including decorating the Christmas tree.
- The happiness of offering gifts and seeing the reactions of those that receive them. This is a different type of happiness.
- Christmas food– I would lie if I were to tell you that I don’t enjoy eating Christmas food (cabbage rolls, traditional soups and so on) This is the time when the calories don’t count.
- All the best memories that I cherish the most about Christmas, especially the ones from my childhood (yes, this includes embarrassing photos too).
- Christmas markets and events are pretty cool and they can be a very cool experience for everyone. You can find lots of joy there!
- Cosy nights in, with lots of pillows, blankets, tea, your favourite book or movie
- The overall Christmas cheer, either from opening the presents, or from taking themed photos during these days, or decorating.
I hope you enjoyed this article and I am more than excited to find out what is your favourite things about Christmas! 🥰🤗