For this week’s article, we have a review about the Revuele charcoal peel off face mask. These types of masks have been very popular for quite some time. I must admit that I have also tried the DIY masks which went around on Youtube and on Pinterest, and even though I followed the exact recipe, it ended up being a disaster. But now, I have discovered a new face peel off mask, from a brand named Revuele Beauty & Care, and the struggle of doing it myself it is no longer present.
I must admit that it intrigued me at first, since I haven’t seen this brand around before and when I searched online for a review, I found one or two reviews regarding it. Anyways, it is very affordable, and I really wanted to test it so I could get an opinion about it and see if it’s any good.
Now, I have sensitive skin and like most of the population I have blackheads. The peel off masks claim to solve this issue and extract all the sebum and dirt, death cells from your face. This mask has 80 ml, which is a pretty nice quantity that should last quite some time. The main ingredients in this mask are: Zinc Oxide (which is great for cleaning the oil from the face, reduces the redness and inflammation of red spots), Silver Citrate (antibacterial, cleansing properties), and charcoal, which has a lot of health properties, such as:
- detoxifying the skin
- relieves bloating and gas
- removes stains from teeth
- general detoxifying (some people drink activated charcoal)
With this being said, the Revuele peel off mask claims to:
- be used against acne and blackheads
- deep pore cleansing
- render your skin matte
- regulate the sebaceous gland function
This mask is recommended to be used 1-2 times a week.
The + :
- The price point is great for such a mask (I paid something around 3 euros for it)
- It does leave my skin smooth after I use it
- It removes the oil and dirt from your face
- Even though I have sensitive skin, it does not leave my skin red after peeling it off
- It is fun to remove (as you probably saw all the videos which are going around)
- Lovely scent
The – :
- Unfortunately, it barely removed any blackheads… and I bought it solely for this purpose. I was disappointed regarding this aspect.
- It is a bit difficult to remove and painful
- I did not notice any major improvement on my skin after using it.
Overall, I would give the Revuele mask an 7.5/10, just because it did not remove any blackheads nor it did prevent the appearance of acne. But in spite of this, it is a nice face mask and for this price point, it can be given a try. I would also like to try other products from Revuele. Have you tried it?